Q1 Multi-Modal Event
Join NMASLA and NM Complete Streets Leadership Team for the 5th annual MULTI-MODAL EXPERIENCE 2016!!! On Earth Day, April 22nd, this FREE event returns to Albuquerque with education sessions and a multi-modal tour.
The morning will feature presentations on recent projects, policies and initiatives. Join us in the afternoon for a whirlwind tour by bike, train, bus and foot. Join us to discover the future of transportation in Albuquerque and what YOU can do to make it a reality. Continuing Education credits provided! Tour space is limited - bike rentals and t-shirts will be available on a first come, first served basis.
All events take place at or depart from Mid-Region Council of Governments - 809 Copper Ave NW
9:00am - Education Sessions
12:00pm - Lunch
12:40pm - Tour begins
4:45pm - Tour ends, walk to Civic Plaza
The tour will end at Civic Plaza for an Earth Day celebration and beer garden hosted by Civic Plaza Presents and DowntownABQ MainStreet Initiative. View the event poster here.
Speakers/education topics include:
- Trees and transportation (Rob Loftis)
- Using MRMPO's Long Range Transportation System Guidelines (LRTS) for Street Design (Julie Luna)
- BICI Bike Share (Valerie Hermanson)
- The Open Streets Movement and Albuquerque's own CiQlovia (Caeri Thomas)
- Complete Streets Advocacy (Erin Marshall/Senator McSorley)
- ABQ Ride/ ART Update (Vanessa Baca/Andrew de Garmo)
- Improving Safety at Busy Intersection - Central and San Mateo Road Safety Audit (Kristal Metro)
- Bernalillo County Sheriff's Office - Traffic Safety Unit